I know I don't normally do beauty product reviews but the truth is I am cosmetic junkie on recovery.
I really try to buy only the things I need, but the definition of that may vary. I was running low on my foundation primer so I went in to Sasa Cosmetics and found this and thought that I would give it a try.
The main reasons why I chose this product:
- I know people always say that SPF 25-30 is already decent protection, but I like my skin to be very fair like most Asians, but the moment sunlight touches my skin I tan, so I try to get as much coverage as I can
- BB Cream, means more coverage?
- I never really hopped on the big BB cream bandwagon. I just didn't understand it. What is the different from your regular tinted moisturiser and BB cream? It just didn't make sense to me especially when BB creams don't come in a lot of shades. Anyhow I thought that since I would be using it as a primer to give my face a little moisture and even out my skin before my foundation I thought the colour shouldn't be a big problem.
- Priced at only $105 HKD ($16.93 USD)
- That is a pretty good deal, and I don't loose much even if it isn't good :p It would be worth while even to just wear it as a sunscreen haha
- Bonus Mini Compact Powder Sample
- I don't think I speak alone when I say that freebies are awesome. I especially like compact powder minis, they fix so lovely in those tiny little clutches on night outs :)
The consistency of the Sana Pore Putty BB cream is quite thin and has much less coverage than I thought it would. I usually also worry that BB creams get too oily, but the was the exact opposite It was very dry, which I kinda like since I can then mix it with my other makeup bases in my "too oily to use" category to get both benefits.
Once I pat out the BB cream you can see it is very light and I honestly doubt you can even tell where I put it on, but it is just where all the lines and creases on my wrist seem to fade a little. I don't know if the helps to describe where it is hahah.
Now on the the Sana Pore Putty BB Mineral Powder.
To be honest this interested me more than the BB cream itself. I love full coverage powders because I find that it is the only thing that can cover up those pesky dark circles around my eyes. I have been using the Majolica Majorca for over 4 years now and I love it, but considering how fast I go through the product I am always trying to find cheaper alternatives.
As you can see the powder is a fair bit lighter than my hand, but not to worry my hands are just super tanned from my Australia vacation right now, I was also able to keep my face a couple tones lighter than the rest of my body so it shouldn't be a problem. I think I do like the overage of the powder considering that the color is so off for my hands right now and yet it doesn't look too chalky. I would really have to wear it for a full day to see how it changes throughout the day to give certainty if I will buy the full size product though. So until then it will be on my maybe list.