They say it’s the first 3 star Michelin Italian restaurant outside of Italy.
I have never been to any Michelin restaurants before and I don’t know much about food.
However, it’s like a really big thing to the food-loving-people.
Apparently, you need to book your table about 2 or 3 months in advance to get a table. I was quite awed to realize that. TWO MONTHS! That’s crazy! But I guess it’s worth it.
The environment was absolutely luxurious and great. There are about a million waiters there to serve you, which I thought was kind of weird. Too bad I didn’t take any pictures to show you. It just felt kind of weird to be taking pictures everywhere in that kind of environment. I love dining in nice restaurants. I hate eating at the regular squishy, dirty, crowded Chinese restaurants where the waiters would take your dish away before you have a chance to take the last bite, so that he can urge you to pay the bill and leave. I usually enjoy the environment more than the food. If the food is great, but the environment is crap, I usually will never go again. I have a hard enough time at work, I don’t need people to give me any more hard time at dinner.
Anyways here are some of the stuff I had. Sorry for the bad photo quality. The lighting is dim in the restaurant and I only had my phone camera with me.
1. An unknown drink. This is just juice. I don't know what's in it. Just know there are lots of berries. I don't like the orange peel on the side though. It gives me the feeling of leftovers.
2.Scallop with caviar and sea urchin. I love sea urchin, so we asked them to add that with the scallop. It wasn't supposed to be there. Every ingredient is so fresh~ Yummy~
3. Lobster salad. There are some sort of caviar/fish roe in it. The lobster is hiding in the middle of the pile.
4. Wild boar pasta. I have never had wild boar in my life. I thought it would taste like pork, but it's more like beef with the after taste of a lamb. It's still yummy and creamy and absolutely delicious~
5. Lobster risotto. Yes, lobster again. I love lobsters~ It has this really rich lobster taste with a hint of citrusy / orangey taste.
6. Short rib and M9 sirloin. this is absolutely my favorite dish. I am a meat lover! I really can't live without beef! The white thing on the side is mashed potato with a piece of truffle stuck in it. It's probably the creamiest mashed potato I've ever had. The taste is not something I can put into words. It just has this flavor/aroma in the mash potato. Too bad there was only a spoonful of it. I can stuff myself with a liter of it if I can. The short rib is the cube thing on the right. It's ridiculously good and soft like I am eating a piece from a cloud. (In my imagination, cloud is something between cotton candy and a pillow). It's super juicy! I wanna have 10 cubes of that! My favorite part of this dish is the sirloin though! Never had anything better! It's so tender! So juicy! So meaty! Ok, basically, I can have 10 dishes of this at once! A taste from heaven.
7. Vodka Lemon Souffle. So, here is the dessert~ I was way too full to finish 1 souffle. So, I just had half. It's so foamy and light~ Really good again, but I actually like the ice cream with lime/lemon jelly on the side of the dish. The ice cream is home made and is the best ice cream I've ever had. I LOVE ICE CREAM! The ice cream is sweet and the jelly underneath is very light. So, I don't feel too overwhelm by sugary sweetness. I don't like desserts that are too sweet.
This place is super nice and the food is super delicious. The service is absolutely wonderful. There's really nothing that I can pick on. However, I don't think I will ever come back again because the price, like their food, is out of the world (or out of my budget). Hahaha...but it's nice to try at least once.
Here is the contact details if you guys are interested~
8 1/2 Otto E Mezzo Bombana is at point J on "Places Part 1" on the map.